About the Role
You'll work on an arable farm a short drive out of Rakaia that primarily produces seed crops, including potatoes. Our client's farm, equipment, and yards are exceptionally well-maintained, clean and tidy. Their staff are a down-to-earth, friendly, and hard-working bunch that are proud to work with one of Canterbury's top producers.
No experience is necessary! Full training on harvesting, sorting and gradingpotatoes is provided. This role is perfect for backpackers, those on school/uni breaks, or someone wanting to get entry-level experience on a crop farm.
While there is no accommodation provided on-site, there are great campgrounds and other accommodation options nearby in Rakaia or Ashburton.
- Monday - Friday, day shifts
- No weekend work
- 4-month role, March - June
You have a can-do attitude, are a reliable worker, and know how to tidy up after yourself. Having an eye for detail and a willingness to learn is also important. Any experience with harvesting or grading crops is beneficial but not necessary as all training is provided.
Working Holiday Visa holders who can commit to the entire four-month period from early March to Late June, as well as couples, are welcome to apply as multiple jobs are available.
- Available to work March - June
- Reliable transport is essential as no accommodation is provided
- Fit able to work on your feet for long periods of time
What's On Offer
- WHV holders considered if available to work from March to June
- Opportunity for a couple as other farm work is available
- Earn $23.50 per hour
- 8% holiday pay accrued on top of hourly wage
- Work with a fun, friendly, and diverse team
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role and have the experience required, please submit your CV/resume and contactable work references.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.