An agricultural/diesel Service Technician is required in Hastings.
About the Role
You'll carry out the service work related to diesel engines predominantly on tractors and a variety of other agricultural and horticultural vehicles/implements. You'll also assist in machinery start-up and after-sales service as required from time to time.
- Re-build diesel engine blocks and cylinder heads.
- Dismantle and repair tractor and implement gearboxes
- Service tractors and other diesel engines
- Maintain and repair harvesting equipment
You're a real team player and enjoy working in a positive team environment, but are also equally comfortable working unassisted. Attention to detail and accuracy come naturally to you, as does proactively solving issues as they arise. You have good time management skills and competently plan, organise and fulfil tasks from start to finish.
Relevant qualifications are beneficial but not necessary if you have the industry experience required.
- Sound verbal and written skills
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engine servicing and repair
- Experience working with tractors is essential
What's on Offer
- $35 - $45 per hour, depending on your skills
- Fulltime, permanent role
- Relocation assistance
- PPE provided
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV/resume along with two contactable references.
Please note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.