About the Role
We have a range of agricultural work available across the Ashburton district; one day, you may spray weeds, and the next, you'll be helping prep a field for harvest. With so much variety, there won't be time to get bored!
Working in a team of four to 15, you'll undertake various duties depending on the season related to all types of arable and vegetable crops and bulbs.
We provide paid training sessions to upskill/teach you the basic agricultural skills needed to:
- Remove rogue plants from the main crop (canola, wheat and barley) in paddocks
- Spot or line spray rogue crop out of a range of grass paddocks
- Prepare a paddock for harvest
- Work on farm machinery
- Use different hand or power/petrol tools
You have an awesome attitude and work well in a team environment. You have great communication and listening skills, and you pay attention to and follow instructions.
Being capable of physical work is essential as you'll walk long distances over the course of the day. This role is not suitable for someone with back or leg issues which will prevent you from doing these tasks.
- You'll pass a drug test
- You're physically fit and capable of standing/walking/bending down repeatedly
- No experience is needed (but any you have is beneficial)
What's Being Offered
We offer super flexible contract lengths - do you only need a few weeks of work? Or, do you want 2, 4, or 6+ months? We can be flexible with how many days per week, and how many hours you work, provided you can commit to the same days/times each week.
- Starting rate of $23 p/h (+8% holiday pay
- Saturday work available
- Flexibility in roster (take a day off during the week to sightsee)
- Immediate start available for the right candidates
- Full, paid training is provided
- PPE is provided
- Transport is provided from the yard in Ashburton to the site
- If you have a full, clean driver's license, earn a bonus for driving
How to Apply
If you're interested, then apply online now, or call Donna on 0800 247 8233 for more info.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. You MUST already be in NZ with a suitable work visa/permit to be considered.