We need a Farm Assistant to join a family-run sheep milking operation in Kirwee.
About the Role
As a Sheep Milking Farm Assistant, you'll be involved in the day-to-day farm activities including the milking of 600 Sheep in a modern 12-aside herringbone shed twice a day.
Other typical duties include bringing in sheep for milking, assisting with animal health, mating and lambing etc., setting up and taking down electric fences, assisting with irrigation, weed control, and general farm and machinery maintenance.
- Milk 600 sheep twice daily
- Assist with animal husbandry
- Perform general farm maintenance tasks
Experience is preferred although not essential, and a background in farming would be very useful. You're able to complete tasks to a high standard and work well with minimal supervision. You're proactive, a good communicator, fit and healthy, and willing to learn.
About Our Client
- Milking or stock handling experience is advantageous (any livestock; cow, sheep etc.)
- Able to pass a drug test
- Physically fit and healthy
- Reliable transport to/from Kirwee
- Experience operating tractors is highly desirable
Our client is an innovative player in the dairy niche. Jones Family Farm provides nutritious New Zealand sheep milk and sheep milk cheese for everyday people seeking bovine and plant-based dairy alternatives and results from the need for a dairy alternative for food allergies within the founder's family.
The farm comes from years of research and development in sheep milk breeds, land use and nutritional values. They aim to provide customers with dairy products that are good for your health and the environment.
What's On Offer
- Full-time, permanent role
- Farm located in Kirwee, Selwyn
- Immediate start available
- Perks such as milk and cheese
- Earn $23 - $28 per hour plus, depending on your experience
How to Apply
Please apply by submitting your CV/resume.
Applications for this position will close when filled, so please submit your application without delay.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.