We are currently seeking a Lamb Rearer who has a desire to progress in the primary industry. This is a large Family farm located in Kirwee with an immediate start
The farm is milking 600 Sheep a modern herring bone shed twice a day.
Duties include milking, bringing in sheep for milking, assisting with animal health, mating and calving. Setting up and taking down temporary electric fences, assisting with irrigation, weed control and general farm and machinery maintenance.
Experience is preferred although not essential. A background in farming would be desirable.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Has a passion for animals
- Have a huge amount of patience
- Hold and empathy for young animals
- An understanding of animal health and husbandry
- Current and full NZ Driver’s License and reliable transport
- An ability to work as a team and independently
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Feeding and rearing all lamb on farm.
- Regular spraying of lamb sheds, daily cleaning of feeders and mucking out barns
- Check feeding equipment regularly for wear and tear, and replace as required.