Are you looking for an opportunity to learn new skills and grow a career in the food manufacturing industry? Our client wants eager factory assistants/drivers to learn cheesemaking in a small family-run factory located on the fringes of Christchurch near Kirwee/Darfield.
About the Role
This is an entry-level position with career development prospects including ongoing training and development in cheesemaking.
The duties for this position include the various processes related to the production and ageing of cheese. You'll work in a small team to execute daily operations of the production process, monitor, and maintain products in the ageing cellars, and pack products.
You'll work on a roster Monday - Friday with the odd Saturday required so weekend availability is essential. Start times will vary between 6 am and 12 pm, and finish times will vary between 4 pm and 8 pm. We can be somewhat flexible with start and finish times for the right people.
- Assist with the production of cheeses
- Delivery driver
- Adhere to strict food health and safety guidelines
- Troubleshoot inconsistencies with the products as needed
- Maintain all required records, inventories, recipes, and data
You work well independently but also as part of a team. A commitment to food safety and attention to detail is critical to this position to ensure the safe production of cheese and the operation of equipment. You have the ability to remain calm and flexible in a fast-paced and evolving work environment. Experience in a food factory is beneficial but not necessary as full training is provided.
- Be able to drive a Manual transmission
- Full Clean Drivers Licence
- Can confidently back a trailer
- Can read recipes and follow instructions precisely
- Able to work independently
- Physically fit
- Availability to work Saturdays as required
About the Company
This family farm and factory makes headlines with its innovative farming and sheep dairy products as they're committed to creating products that are both environmentally and stomach-friendly. The processing plant, milking facilities and animals are nestled under the Southern Alps on a quant 160-hectare farm in the picturesque Selwyn District.
What's On Offer
- Start rate of $25 per hour, with the possibility of a pay rise after 3 months
- 8% holiday pay accrued on top of wages
- Career development, progression, and raises for the right person!
- Flexibility with start and finish times
- IMMEDIATE START AVAILABLE!
How to Apply
The ideal applicant has an unshakeable commitment to food safety and the drive and passion to excel in an exciting industry. If this is you, apply now by sending us your CV/resume and two contactable references.
Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. You must currently have the legal right to work in NZ e.g. Working Holiday Visa holder, NZ/AU Citizen, Permanent Resident.