Our client has a growing business and is looking for another Experienced cheesemaker to join their team. There is the option for this to be either a full-time or part-time role depending on the person. We are looking for a motivated person who will work well in a team, has a commitment to excellence, and takes pride in their work.
Position Summary: The duties for this year-round position includes all processes related to the production and aging of cheese and maintenance of related paperwork for each batch. This position will work closely with a small team of people to execute daily operations of the production process, monitor and maintain products. Attention to detail is very important in all areas of the position to ensure the safe production of cheese, adherence to recipes, noticing and responding to seasonal changes in milk, aging environment variations, and the safe and effective operation of equipment.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to follow instructions and learn quickly
- Physical fitness due to the lifting involved
- Ability to work within a team
- Passion for the product
- At least 2 years of professional cheese-making experience, and a love for the science and craft of cheesemaking.
- Unshakeable commitment to food safety.
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
This is a great opportunity to join our growing team of passionate individuals who are inspired by the relentless search for perfection and this commitment, together with the very best ingredients to produce award-winning cheese.
As a new range into the busy market, the options to develop new product ranges are endless.
If you have the flair, bring it!!!