This is a senior role which involves overseeing the production, operations and export of flower bulbs. The successful applicant will need to have proven experience in flower bulbs and attention to detail in preparing, planting, growing and harvesting and ensure an efficient and smooth running of the organisation to maintain excellence in quality and yield for export.
- Planning and coordinating the production of flowerbulbs from soil preparation to harvest taking into account environmental and market factors
- Overseeing optimal growing conditions of the bulbs
- Organizing and controlling bulb production activities, such as collecting, storing, grading, packaging and exporting
- Maintaining and evaluating records of cultivation activities and planning bulb production preparation to meet contract requirements and market demand
- Responsible for logistic activities in the shed
- Responsible for the production shifts and managing and training of the production staff
- Responsible for maintaining of the building, equipment and machinery
- Determining, implementing and monitoring production strategies, policies and plans
- Planning details of production activities in terms of output quality and quantity, cost, time available and labour requirements
- Controlling the operation of production plant and quality procedures through planning of maintenance, designation of operating hours and supply of parts and tools
- Monitoring production output and costs, and adjusting processes and resources to minimise costs
- Controlling the preparation of production records and reports
- coordinating the implementation of occupational health and safety requirements
- Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
- Being alert to improvements in quality and productivity
- Determine staffing requirements and assigning specific duties to assure the quality standards.
- Manage, train and motivate staff in the factory and the field.
- Conferring with management to report quality and productivity improvements.
- 5 years relevant knowledge and experience in cultivation and processing of Flowerbulbs
- Higher professional qualification in horticultural/ agricultural industry
- Affinity with horticultural industry and bulb production
- Knowledge of production equipment / machinery
- Leadership / Management skills
- Profound computer skills in order to process production and growing data.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with the Head Office in the Netherlands.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage and train employees
Good communication and management skills
Honest, hardworking and reliable
Commitment to working long hours (approximately 45 hours per week and over 10 hours a day at peak times) during the processing season
Clean Full driving licence
Pass a drug test
If this sounds like you, apply now!