- Other Agriculture & Primary Industry
- Do you have excellent organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills? Do you want to work for an innovative company processing products worldwide with an organisation with opportunities for career progression?We require a team/shift leader for a key position in the smooth and effective running of the overall operation in an innovative dairy processing company based in the heart of Canterbury, New Zealand; ensuring the process of milk into the wide range of products through to packaging and export. You will be responsible for leading 12 to 18 staff members.This role will also see the successful person responsible for the monitoring of weekly key performance indicators such as rate, yield, quality, on product time as well as maintaining attendance and absences records for shift.As well duties will include but are not limited to:
The successful applicant will have previous and recent experience in food processing plant be familiar with Food Safety and HACCP systems as well as being able to demonstrate proven and effective leadership skills.Join us in the heart of New Zealand - We are firmly based in the middle of the South Island which is a short drive south of Christchurch. Apply online today!
- Liaising with Agency for temporary replacements when necessary.
- Ensuring shift time sheets are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Handling and packing milk products and by products.
- Moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas.
- Loading products on and off trucks.
- Operating machinery.
- Cutting, weighing, measuring, mixing and dissolving ingredients as directed.
- Monitoring product quality and equipment inspecting and recording outcomes online.
- Supervise the cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs to the sterile food safe standard.
- Maintain redline procedures for the shift - model personal hygiene and protective clothing practices.
Agstaff- Agriculture Specialists